So you are here because you have finally decided to organize your messy bookmarks in Chrome, right?
Bookmark is one of the most impressive features of web browsers that helps users to save tabs, pages, or a website for a future visit. While browsing the internet, you might find some pretty interesting websites and web pages that you may want to follow again in the future. It can be anything like a tutorial page, an interesting video, a fascinating page full of facts, and more. So for revisiting these, you don’t require to remember or note down their URL; you can just bookmark and access them anytime.
On Google Chrome, many users tend to bookmark a lot without even realizing that the default Chrome bookmark folder is being piled up. Later, it becomes challenging to find an important one when trying to access it as it gets lost in the sea of bookmarks.
Saving hundreds or even thousands of bookmarks in Chrome won’t be troublesome, but locating them when required might frustrate you if they are not organized properly.
In this post, we will learn various ways to organize bookmarks in Chrome.
Table of Contents
How to Add a Bookmark in Chrome?
Adding a bookmark is pretty straightforward in Chrome; however, it can be challenging for first-time users. So, first, we will know how to add a bookmark in Chrome on various devices.
Add Bookmark in Chrome Desktop
To add a bookmark to a webpage on Chrome desktop, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the webpage that you want to bookmark.
- At the upper right corner, click on the star icon.
- From the two options, choose Add bookmark.
- Next, name the bookmark, choose the folder where you want to add it and click Done.
Add Bookmark in Chrome Android
To save a webpage in Chrome Android, you can bookmark it using the following steps:
- On your Android device, launch Google Chrome and navigate to the webpage which you want to bookmark.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner to open the settings menu.
- Next, tap on the Star icon to add the bookmark.
- The webpage will be saved by a bookmark.
Manage Bookmarks in Chrome
For a smooth and trouble-free browsing experience, it is essential to organize your bookmarks properly in Chrome. Let’s look at various ways to manage Chrome bookmarks.
Organize Bookmarks by Folder
We use browsers for fulfilling various purposes like browsing for our work, watching YouTube, online gaming, Netflix & other OTT, blog reading, News, and much more. So we might find something important or exciting while doing any of those and bookmark that page. However, this will mix up all your bookmarks and create a mess.
The best thing to avoid this mess is to organize your bookmarks by folder on Chrome. You can create a separate folder for different types of bookmarks. For example, I use Chrome for my work, blog reading, watching and reading about sports, and more. So, I can manage my bookmarks by creating separate folders for Work, Sports, Blogs, YouTube, and so on. By separating the bookmarks into folders, it becomes much easier to find and access them when needed.
Here is how you can create a separate bookmark folder and divide bookmarks into it.
Create a New Bookmark Folder in Chrome Desktop:
- Launch Chrome browser and right-click on an empty space or any bookmark in the Chrome Bookmarks bar. The Chrome Bookmarks bar is located just below the Address bar. Choose Add folder from the menu.
- Name the new folder you created, choose in which primary folder you want to save it, and finally click the Save button.
- Create more folders by following the same procedure.
Divide Chrome Desktop Bookmarks in Folders
After creating the folders, you can divide the existing bookmarks into them.
- Right-click on any existing bookmark and click Edit.
- From the folders list, choose the one in which you want to save this bookmark. Click Save.
- The bookmark will be added to that folder. In a similar fashion, one by one, divide all your bookmarks into separate folders, according to their types.
- Also, to keep it organized, whenever you add a new bookmark in the future, add it into an appropriate folder.
Create a New Bookmark Folder in Chrome Android
Follow these steps to create a new bookmark folder in Chrome Android:
- Launch Chrome on your Android device and open a webpage that is already bookmarked.
- Tap on the three dots to open the menu and push the bookmark Star icon, which is blued.
- On the next page, tap on the existing folder name.
- Next, you will see the option to create a New folder. Tap on it.
- Add the folder title and choose the Parent folder. Tap the tick mark icon to finish.
- Create more folders by following these steps.
Divide Chrome Android Bookmarks into Folders
Now, you can divide your Chrome Android bookmarks into newly created folders.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right and choose Bookmarks from the menu.
- Choose the existing folders to access the bookmarks and sort them.
- Tap on the three dots next to the bookmark and choose the Move to option.
- Choose the folder in which you want to move the bookmark and tap on it.
Chrome Bookmark Manger
For managing bookmarks on your desktop, you can use Chrome Bookmark Manager. You can perform various actions on your bookmarks through Bookmark Manager.
To access the Chrome Bookmark Manager and perform modifications, follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner and navigate to the Bookmarks -> Bookmark manager.
- On the Bookmark manager page, from the left pane, switch to any bookmark folder to modify the bookmarks present in that folder.
- To create new folders, enter the Parent folder, right-click and select Add new folder.
- You can modify any bookmark by clicking on the three dots next to it. The modification includes Edit, Delete, Cut, Copy, Copy URL, and more.
- You can also sort bookmarks in alphabetical order. Switch to the folder to sort its bookmarks. Click on the three dots next to the search bar and select Sort by name.
In our busy and fast-paced life, keeping things sorted and well organized makes it easier to do anything. This guide has listed the ways to organize bookmarks in Chrome and make your browsing experience comfortable and stress-free. You can apply the methods and manage your Chrome bookmarks as per your preferences.
Bookmark Manager can be found in Chrome’s settings menu. It helps you with every type of bookmark modification.
The bookmark bar is present at the bottom of the address bar. It contains all your bookmarks and bookmark folders.