Do you have a website that you would like to view in mobile format but don’t know how? Don’t worry; we are here to help!
If you’re a developer, you may want to view the mobile site on a desktop computer browser like Google Chrome. This can help you switch your site’s appearance from desktop to mobile quickly and test the front-end aesthetics.
In this blog post, we will show you how to view the mobile version of any website on Chrome. This is a great way to make sure that your website looks good on all devices. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Why may you want to View Mobile version of website on Chrome Desktop?
There are several advantages of viewing the mobile version of the site on Chrome desktop:
- As a website owner, you may want to check how your site looks on mobile devices. This can help you make sure that your site is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Viewing the mobile version of a website on Chrome is also helpful for developers. It allows you to test the front-end design of a site before it is published
- Apart from that, if you are a blogger or content creator, this can help you see how your site will look on mobile devices. You can also use this technique to check if the AdSense ad placements are correct on the mobile version of your site.
- This can come in handy if you want to make sure that your website is accessible to everyone.
How to View Mobile Version of Website on Chrome Desktop and Mac?
Using a built-in developer tool called DevTools in Chrome, you can easily check the front end and ensure that all of the website’s components are operating correctly. Because it offers pre-configured device selections, DevTools is a significant way for developers to swiftly switch between mobile and desktop viewpoints without using any developer extensions.
The developer tool gives you plenty of options in adjusting the screen size, choosing different smartphone device screens, and more. To use Chrome DevTools on Chrome Windows and macOS, follow these steps:
Open the Chrome browser and navigate to the website whose mobile mode you want to access on your Chrome Windows or Mac.
Right-click anywhere on the web page and select Inspect from the context menu. This will open the DevTools section on your browsing screen. You can also press F12 on your keyboard for that.
Under the Developer tools section, you will find a small Toggle Device Toolbar icon. Click on it to change the current view of the website and view the mobile version of a website on Chrome.
Now on the right side of the screen, expand the drop-down menu, and select the device to see what your website will look like on that device.
You can also select custom screen sizes. The device simulation will let you know what your website will look like in that screen dimension.
Apart from that, you can also change the screen to landscape mode.
How to View Mobile Version of Website on Chromebook?
If you’re using a Chromebook, you can easily view the Mobile Version of the Website by following the similar steps mentioned in the previous section. Just follow these steps:
- On your Chromebook open the Chrome browser.
- Go to the website that you want to view in mobile format.
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen and select More tools > Developer tools from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Toggle device toolbar icon to change the current view of the website.
- On the right side, you will find a drop-down menu. Select the device from that drop-down menu to see what your website looks like on that mobile screen. You can also select a custom dimension to check what your website will look like in that screen dimension.
- You can also change the orientation to landscape mode by clicking on the rotation icon.
Use an Online Emulator to View a Website in Mobile Format
If you don’t want to use Chrome’s DevTools, then you can also try an online emulator. These are web-based tools that allow you to view how a website will look on different mobile devices.
There are many online emulators available, but we recommend using ResponsivePX. It is a popular online tool that lets you test websites on real devices.
To use ResponsivePX, follow these steps:
- Go to the ResponsivePX.com website.
- Now enter the URL of your website in the given space and click on the Open button.
- The website will be launched in mobile format.
- Adjust the width and height of the simulated website and check how it looks in different screen sizes.
We hope this article helped you learn how to view the mobile version of a website on Chrome. You can use the DevTools tool to check how your site looks on different devices. This can help you make sure that your site is responsive and mobile-friendly. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below.
Yes, you can use the DevTools tool in Chrome to view the mobile version of a website.
You can use the DevTools tool to test how your site looks on different devices and then adjust your codes accordingly. This can help you make sure that your site is responsive and mobile-friendly.
You can use the DevTools tool to check how your site looks on different devices. This can help you make sure that your site is accessible to everyone.