Do you want to be able to download files faster? Are you looking for a way to improve your browsing experience? If so, then you need to install the IDM extension in Chrome.
If you’re a Chrome user, then you know that there are plenty of extensions to choose from. IDM is one of the most popular download managers out there, and it’s available as an extension for Chrome
In this guide, we will show you how to add the IDM extension in Chrome so that you can start downloading files quickly and easily. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Internet Download Manager (IDM)?
Before we show you how to add the IDM extension in Chrome, let’s take a look at what IDM is.
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool that helps you download files from the Internet. It can increase your download speeds by up to five times.
IDM also has a number of features that make it a great choice for downloading files. For example, it can resume interrupted downloads, schedule downloads, and more.
Apart from that, IDM is also available for other browsers like Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, in this guide, we will focus on how to add the IDM extension in Chrome.
The extension is added automatically to your preferred browser when you install IDM. When you view any video on YouTube or any other site, the “Download this video” button will appear on top of it.
If you have IDM installed and are seeing the download button, it’s working correctly. If not, there may be an issue with the Chrome browser’s IDM extension.
Why Should You Use IDM Extension?
If you’re wondering why you should use the IDM extension instead of the built-in download manager in Chrome, then here are a few reasons for that:
- The built-in download manager in Chrome is not as good as IDM. It doesn’t have all the features that IDM has, and it’s not as fast or efficient.
- IDM integrates with your browser so you can easily manage your downloads from one place.
- It can resume interrupted downloads, which is something the built-in manager cannot do.
- IDM can download files in multiple formats and at different speeds, depending on your needs.
These are just some of the reasons why you should use IDM instead of the built-in download manager in Chrome.
How to Add IDM Extension in Chrome?
Now that we’ve looked at what IDM is and why you should use it, let’s take a look at how to add the IDM extension in Chrome.
It should be noted that the IDM extensions available on Chrome Web Store are all fake and should not be installed. The official extension is hidden in the store and cannot be searched. It is because there is no use for extension without the IDM program being installed on the system. The extension should be installed automatically during the IDM application installation.
Here is how to install the IDM app and add IDM extension in Chrome:
- Visit the official site of Internet Download Manager and download the program.
- After the download is completed, install the program.
- The IDM Integration Module extension will be automatically added. However, you need to configure it to use it.
Configure IDM Extension in Chrome
As soon as the IDM extension is installed on Chrome, you need to enable and configure it.
Here is how to do that:
- After the IDM application is installed, the Chrome browser will be automatically launched asking for your permission to Enable the IDM Integration Module extension.
- Click on the Enable extension button.
- Now, head over to your Chrome extension page.
- Click on the Details button under the IDM Integration Module extension.
- Ensure that the Site access is set to On all sites and extension is allowed on incognito mode as well.
How to Add IDM Extension in Chrome Manually?
If due to any technical fault, the IDM extension is not installed automatically on your Chrome browser, here is how to add it manually:
- Open the Windows File Explorer and navigate to the location where you have installed the Internet Download Manager. You can also right-click on the IDM desktop icon and choose Open File Location.
- Now, look for the IDMGCExt.crx icon and drag it on an opened Chrome window.
- Click on the Continue button on the warning.
- The extension will be added to Chrome.
Adding the IDM extension to Chrome is a very easy process and can be done in just a few minutes. The extension will help you manage your downloads more efficiently and with more features than the built-in download manager in Chrome. You should definitely add it to your browser if you’re using IDM.
I hope this guide was helpful and you were able to add the IDM extension in Chrome without any issues. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
No, the IDM extension is free to use and you don’t need to pay anything for it. However, you need to pay for the IDM application after 30 days trial period.
No, the IDM extension is not available on the Chrome Web Store. If you find any extension with its name, it is entirely fake.
If you can see the IDM icon next to the address bar in Chrome, it means that the IDM extension is installed on your browser.
No, you cannot use the IDM extension without installing the app. The extension is of no use without the official IDM application.