Do you love the dark mode? A growing number of people do and Google has answered their requests by adding a dark mode to its search engine. Google Search Dark Mode is designed to help reduce eye strain and make it easier on your eyes when searching something on Google.
In this blog post, we will show you how to switch to the Google Search Dark theme in just a few easy steps on different platforms.
Table of Contents
What are the advantages of Dark Mode on Google Search?
Enabling the Dark Mode can be pretty beneficial. There are a few advantages of Dark theme on Google Search:
- One is that it can help reduce eye strain, especially in low-light conditions.
- Another advantage is that it can make the text easier to read.
- Dark Mode can help conserve battery life on devices with OLED or AMOLED displays.
- One more advantage is that it can make the screen easier on the eyes for people who are sensitive to bright light.
- Some people also find that dark mode can help them focus on the content of a website or web page, as opposed to a lighter theme.
How to enable Google Search Dark Mode on Windows and Mac?
There are two ways to enable the dark theme to Google search on Windows and Mac.
Turn on Dark Mode from Google Homepage
You can turn Google Search to dark mode on Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or Linux from the Google homepage. It can be done using any modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, and others.
Here are the steps for that:
Launch Google Chrome or any other browser on your computer.
Navigate to Google’s homepage on your browser.
On the bottom right, click on the Settings option.
From the list, click on Dark Theme to turn it On.
Your Google Search page will be converted to dark mode.
Enable Dark Mode from Search Results
Another way to enable dark theme on Google search is through the search results page. When you initiate a search on Google you will be displayed with search results.
Here is how to enable the dark mode from the search results page:
- Launch Google Chrome and search for any topic.
- On the search result page, click on the gear icon to launch the Quick Settings menu.
- Under the Quick Settings, click on the Dark theme bullet point under Appearance to enable the Google Search dark mode.
- The Google search page will be switched to dark theme.
How to enable Google Search Dark Mode on Android and iOS?
Like PC and Mac, it is pretty straightforward to turn on dark theme on Google search on Android and iOS devices. To enable Google Search’s dark mode on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone you can use any modern browser.
Here is how to do that:
- Launch Chrome or any browser on your smartphone or tablet.
- On the URL bar, type google.com to switch to Google’s homepage.
- Under the Google homepage, tap on the menu icon at the top-left corner.
- Select Settings from the list to navigate to the Google search settings page.
- Under the Settings page, tap on the Dark theme bullet point below Appearance.
- After selecting the Dark theme, scroll down and tap on the Save button.
- The Google search will be converted to dark theme.
We hope this blog post was helpful in showing you how to switch to the Google Search Dark theme. As you can see, it is a pretty simple process on different platforms. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below! Thank you for reading!
Some people prefer dark mode because it is easier on their eyes, especially in low-light conditions. Dark mode can also help save battery life on devices with OLED screens.
Yes, you can use dark mode all the time if you prefer. However, you may want to consider using it only at night or in low-light conditions to help reduce eye strain.
Enabling dark mode on Google search will change the background color from white to black. The text and other user interface elements will also be changed to lighter colors so that they are easier to read against the dark background.
If you decide that you no longer want to use dark mode, you can disable it by going back into the “Settings” menu and selecting “light theme” or “default theme.” You can also turn off dark mode by following the same steps that you used to enable it.