Do you ever read articles on the web and get overwhelmed by all of the ads and other content on the page? If so, then you’ll love Reader Mode in Chrome! This handy little feature allows you to read articles without any distractions. In this guide, we will show you how to use Reader Mode in Chrome. We will also discuss some of the benefits of using this mode. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Reader Mode?
Reader Mode is a web browser feature that strips away all of the ads and other distractions from a web page. This allows you to focus on the article that you’re trying to read. When you enable Reader Mode on the browser, you will see a simplified version of the page that is easy to read. This feature is especially useful if you’re trying to read an article on a website that has a lot of ads.
Reader Mode is already available on most web browsers such as Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox, but surprisingly Chrome does not have this feature by default. It is hidden in the experimental features. However, with a hidden Chrome flag, you can easily enable the hidden reader mode on the Google Chrome web browser as well.
How to enable Chrome Reader Mode on Windows?
Enabling the reader mode on the Google Chrome desktop version is pretty straightforward. You just need to enable the Reader Mode flag.
Enable Chrome Reader Mode Flag:
Here are the steps to enable the reader mode in Chrome:
Launch Google Chrome browser on your system.
On the address bar type: chrome://flags or about://flags to navigate to the flags window.
Once the Chrome Flags window is opened, you will see a list of numerous experimental features in the form of flags.
Under the Chrome Flag Window, on the search bar type Reader Mode to search the flag.
Expand the drop-down menu next to the Reader Mode flag and select Enabled from the list.
Next, click on the Relaunch button to restart Chrome browser and make the changes effective.
The Reader Mode flag will be activated and now you can use it.
Use Chrome Reader Mode:
After enabling the reader mode flag, here is how you can utilize it on the Chrome desktop:
- Visit any website or webpage that you want to access in Reader Mode.
- If the webpage has a lot of content, you will see a Reader mode icon next to the URL bar. Click on it to activate Chrome Reader mode.
- You can also click on the three dots icon at the top-right corner and select Enter Reader Mode from the list.
- That’s it. Enjoy the distraction-free reading on Google Chrome.
- You can also customize the reader mode screen. Click on the text icon to customize the appearance.
- Customize the font size, font style, and page color.
What are the advantages of Reader Mode?
There are several advantages of using the Reader Mode on Google Chrome:
- Reader Mode can help you focus on the content of an article by removing distractions like ads and sidebars
- It declutters the web page and makes it easier to read.
- Reader mode helps you focus on the article that you’re trying to read.
- It allows you to customize the appearance of the page according to your preferences.
- You can also save articles in reader mode for offline reading.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about using Reader Mode in Chrome. Whether you’re trying to concentrate on a school chapter while browsing, or simply want a more streamlined and distraction-free reading experience, Reader Mode is a great option.