Do you find yourself typing in the same information over and over again on websites? If so, you may want to enable autofill in Chrome.
Autofill makes it easy for you to fill out forms on websites with the information that you have already entered into Chrome.
In this blog post, we will show you how to enable autofill in Chrome and how to use it!
Table of Contents
What is Chrome Autofill?
Chrome autofill is a feature that allows Chrome to save your information and automatically fill out forms for you.
This can be helpful if you find yourself typing in the same information on different websites.
For example, if you always enter your email address when you sign up for new accounts, Chrome can save this information and autofill it for you.
You can also use autofill to save your addresses, phone numbers, and credit card information.
How to enable Chrome Autofill?
Enabling Chrome autofill is easy.
First, open Chrome and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then, click on Settings.
From the left pane, click on Autofill under Settings.
In the center of the screen, under the Autofill heading, you have three options: Passwords, Payment methods, and Addresses and more.
Now you can configure each setting separately.
Configure Autofill Passwords:
- Click on Passwords to configure the password’s autofill settings.
- Enable the Offer to save passwords button and also enable Auto Sign-in if you want.
- Click on Add button to add a new password to the Chrome Password autofill.
- Enter the Site, Username, and Password.
- You can also View, Modify, or Delete your currently saved passwords.
Configure Autofill Payment Methods:
- Click on the Payment methods option under Autofill.
- Under Payment methods, enable the following options, if you want hassle-free transactions:
- Save and fill payment methods
- Allow sites to check if you have payment method saved
- You can also enable Windows Hello.
Configure Addresses Autofill
- Click on Addresses and more option.
- Enable the Save and fill addresses button.
- To add a new address, click on Add button.
- Enter the address and other details and click Save.
How to configure Chrome Autofill Settings on Android?
You can also enable the Chrome Autofill settings on your smartphone devices.
If you are using the Chrome app on your Android device, follow these steps to configure autofill settings:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Next, select the Passwords option to configure the Chrome Passwords autofill.
- Turn On the Save passwords and Auto Sign-in option.
- Next, tap on Payment methods to configure autofill payment details.
- Enable the Save and fill payment methods option. You can also add a new card.
- Now, click on Addresses and more to configure address autofill.
- Enable the Save and fill addresses button and add an address.
How to use Chrome Autofill?
Once you have configured the autofill settings, using it is easy!
When you are on a website and need to fill out a form, start typing in the first field.
Chrome will automatically fill in the rest of the fields with the information that you have saved.
You can also click on the field and select the information that you want to use from the drop-down menu.
If you need to edit your autofill information, you can do so from the Chrome settings.
Chrome’s autofill feature can save you time and hassle when filling out forms on websites. You can enable autofill for passwords, payment methods, and addresses. Each setting can be configured separately to meet your needs.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand how to enable autofill in Chrome and how to use it.
You can enable autofill in Chrome by going to Settings > Autofill. From there, you can configure the autofill settings for passwords, payment methods, and addresses.
To add a new autofill address in Chrome, go to Settings > Autofill. Click on the Addresses and more option. Enable the Save and fill addresses button. To add a new address, click on Add button. Enter the address and other details and click Save.
Yes, you can use Chrome autofill on Android by going to Settings > Passwords. Turn On the Save passwords and Auto Sign-in option. Next, tap on Payment methods to configure autofill payment details. Enable the Save and fill payment methods option. You can also add a new card. Now, click on Addresses and more to configure address autofill. Enable the Save and fill addresses button and add an address.
Chrome Autofill is a feature that saves your information so that you can easily fill out forms on websites. Autocomplete is a feature that suggests possible matches as you type. Autofill uses the information that you have saved to automatically fill in forms, whereas autocomplete only suggests possible matches.