There’s nothing like a good book, whether you’re reading it on paper or digitally. However, sometimes the digital experience can be a little overwhelming, with all of the bells and whistles that come with websites today. Wouldn’t it be great if there was an easy way to read articles and blog posts without all of the distractions? Well, there is!
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the best Chrome reader mode extensions. With these extensions installed, you’ll be able to read web content in a simple and streamlined manner.
Table of Contents
What are the advantages of Reader Mode Extension?
There are many advantages of using the reader mode extension on Chrome:
- When you enable Reader Mode in your web browser, it strips away all of the unnecessary elements on a webpage. It includes things like ads, sidebars, and other distractions. This leaves you with only the main content of the page, which is much easier to read.
- In addition, most Reader Mode extensions also allow you to adjust the font size, line height, and other aspects of the text. This means that you can customize the reading experience to suit your needs.
- Finally, Reader Mode can also help reduce eye strain. By removing all of the unnecessary elements from a webpage, your eyes won’t have to work as hard to process the information. This can be a huge relief if you spend a lot of time reading digital content.
Best Chrome Reader Mode Extensions
Though there is a Chrome Flag known as Reader Mode that enables the simplified view of the webpage and optimizes it for reading, since it is an experimental feature, you might not interested in enabling it on the Google Chrome browser. If that is the case, here is the list of the best Chrome reader extensions that work the same and even better.
Reader View Extension
The first extension on our list is the Reader View Extension. This extension makes reading web pages in Chrome much easier by stripping away all the clutter and leaving only the text and images. This can be a great help when you’re trying to focus on an article or just want to get through a long web page quickly.
The Reader View extension introduces Mozilla’s open-source Readability implantation to Chromium. The extension enables you to change between the normal view and the reader view by clicking on the page action button.
The second extension on our list is EasyReader. This extension is similar to the Reader View Extension in that it strips away all the clutter from web pages. However, EasyReader also has some additional features that make it a great choice for reading on the web.
EasyReader has a number of different settings that you can customize to make your reading experience just perfect. You can change the font size, line height, margins, and more.
DOM Distiller Reading Mode
Have you ever gone to a website where the text is so unappealing that it gives you a headache, or where finding content is difficult because of superfluous sidebars and share buttons? If so, the DOM Distiller Reading Mode is for you.
This extension is designed to give you a clean and uncluttered view of web pages. It’s perfect for when you want to focus on the content and not be distracted by the rest of the page.
Another Chrome reader extension on our list is Mercury Reader. This extension is similar to the other reader mode extensions in that it strips away all the clutter from web pages. However, what makes Mercury Reader unique is its ability to sync with your Kindle or Pocket account.
This means that you can save articles to read later on your Kindle or Pocket and have them automatically sync with Mercury Reader. This is a great way to save articles for offline reading or to read them later on a different device.
There you have it, our list of the best Chrome reader mode extensions. These extensions will make reading on the web easier than ever before. So if you’re looking for an easy way to focus.
Just Read is one of the more unique extensions on this list. It doesn’t just format articles for easy reading, but it also strips away all other distractions from web pages so you can focus on the content. That includes things like social media buttons and comments sections. Just Read is great if you want a truly distraction-free experience when reading online articles
How to enable Chrome Reader Mode without Extensions?
To enable Chrome-Reader mode without extensions, you need to enable the Reader Mode flag on Chrome.
Here is how to enable the Reader Mode flag and use it.
Enable Chrome Reader Mode Flag:
Here are the steps to enable the reader mode in Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome browser on your system.
- On the address bar type: chrome://flags or about://flags to navigate to the flags window.
- Once the Chrome Flags window is opened, you will see a list of numerous experimental features in the form of flags.
- Under the Chrome Flag Window, on the search bar type Reader Mode to search the flag.
- Expand the drop-down menu next to the Reader Mode flag and select Enabled from the list.
- Next, click on the Relaunch button to restart Chrome browser and make the changes effective.
The Reader Mode flag will be activated and now you can use it.
Use Chrome Reader Mode:
After enabling the reader mode flag, here is how you can utilize it on the Chrome desktop:
- Visit any website or webpage that you want to access in Reader Mode.
- If the webpage has a lot of content, you will see a Reader mode icon next to the URL bar. Click on it to activate Chrome Reader mode.
- You can also click on the three dots icon at the top-right corner and select Enter Reader Mode from the list.
- That’s it. Enjoy the distraction-free reading on Google Chrome.
- You can also customize the reader mode screen. Click on the text icon to customize the appearance.
- Customize the font size, font style, and page color.
If you spend a lot of time reading on the web, then a reader mode extension can be a huge help. These extensions help you put more focus on reading essential parts and avoiding unnecessary distractions. In addition, most reader mode extensions also allow you to customize the font size, line height, and other aspects of the text to suit your needs. So if you’re looking for an easy way to make reading on the web easier, then be sure to check out one of these extensions.
A reader mode extension is a browser extension that clears away all the clutter from web pages, leaving only the text and images. This can be a great help when you’re trying to focus on an article or just want to get through a long web page quickly.
Most reader mode extensions can be used by simply clicking on the extension’s icon in the toolbar. This will usually open up a reader mode version of the current web page. From there, you can usually customize the font size, line height, and other aspects of the text to suit your needs.
No, not all websites will work with reader mode extensions. In general, though, most major news sites and blogs should work fine. If you’re having trouble with a particular website, you can usually try opening up the article in another browser or using a different reader mode extension.