Do you ever have too many tabs open in Chrome and wish there was an easy way to refresh them all at once? Well, there is! In this quick guide, we will show you how to refresh all of your Chrome tabs with just a few clicks. This is a great time-saving trick for when you’ve got a lot of work to do and don’t want to keep reloading each page manually.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Reload all Tabs together on Chrome using Extension
Since Chrome does not provide a direct button to refresh all tabs at once, the simplest way to reload all the opened tabs on Google Chrome is by adding Reload All Tabs extension. It is a one click tab refreshing extension. Here are the steps for that:
- Download the Reload All Tabs extension by visiting the Chrome Webstore.
- Click on Add to Chrome button to install Reload All Tabs on Chrome.
- After adding it to Chrome, you need to pin the extension on the front so that it is easily accessible.
- Click on the extension icon at the top-right of the Chrome window.
- Click on the pin icon to add the Reload All Tabs to the front screen.
- Now, to reload all the open tabs together on Chrome, just click on the Reload All Tabs extension icon next to the address bar.
Reload all Tabs together on Chrome without using Extension
If you don’t want to add an extension for refreshing all pages together on Chrome, there are built-in ways to do that. Here are those:
Using the Control Key
- On the Chrome browser, press the Ctrl key and click on every tab you want to reload. For reloading all tabs, click on every tab to select them.
- Right-click on any of the selected tabs, and select Reload.
- All the selected tabs will reload together.
Using the Shift Key
- Switch to the first opened tab on the Chrome browser
- Now press the shift key and click on the last tab by keep pressing it.
- This will select all the tabs between the first and the last tab.
- Now right-click on any of the selected tabs and choose Reload.
- All the tabs will be refreshed together.
Close and Relaunch Chrome to Reload all Tabs together
Another quick way to refresh all the opened tabs on Chrome is by closing the Chrome browser and then relaunching all the opened tabs. Here is how:
- Close the Chrome browser window in which you want to reload all the tabs.
- Relaunch the browser and click on the three dots at the top right.
- Hover your mouse pointer to History and then to the closed windows and click on the Restore window.
- All the tabs will be reloaded together in the restored window.
We hope that this quick guide was helpful and that you were able to learn how to refresh all tabs in Chrome at once. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment down below!
No, there is no keyboard shortcut for refreshing all tabs in Chrome. However, you can use the Ctrl or Shift keys along with the mouse to select all tabs and then right-click on one of them to choose the Reload option.
To stop all tabs from reloading in Chrome, simply click on the Stop button or press the Esc key. This will stop the current page from refreshing. If you want to prevent a tab from refreshing altogether, you can right-click on it and select the Pin option.